The Garden Route in South Africa is a popular destination for adventure enthusiasts.
Here are 10 of the best adventure tours along the Garden Route:
1. Bungee jumping: The Garden Route is home to the world’s highest commercial bungee jump at Bloukrans Bridge, which is a thrilling experience for adrenaline junkies.
2. Whale watching: During the winter months, you can go on a boat tour from Hermanus or Plettenberg Bay to see Southern Right whales up close. You might well also see Minke whales, dolphins, porpoises, sharks and numerous other sea life
3. Canopy tours: There are several canopy tours available along the Garden Route, where you can zip-line through the forest and enjoy a unique perspective of the landscape.
4. Shark cage diving: You can go on a shark cage diving tour from Mossel Bay or Gansbaai to see Great White sharks up close.
5. Kayaking: Kayaking tours are available in several locations along the Garden Route, including Storms River Mouth and Knysna Lagoon.
6. Abseiling: You can go on an abseiling tour at the Cango Caves near Oudtshoorn or at the Kaaimans River Bridge near Wilderness.
7. Surfing: The Garden Route has several great surfing spots, including Victoria Bay and Jeffreys Bay.
8. Quad biking: You can go on a quad biking tour in several locations along the Garden Route, including Knysna and Plettenberg Bay.
9. Horse riding: Horse riding tours are available in several locations along the Garden Route, including Plettenberg Bay and the Knysna Forest.
10. Hiking: There are several great hiking trails along the Garden Route, including the Otter Trail and the Tsitsikamma Trail, which offer stunning views of the coastline and forest.